Wednesday, July 6, 2022
HomeLaw EnforcementNYC Mayoral Candidate Maya Wiley Flip Flops On Defunding The Police

NYC Mayoral Candidate Maya Wiley Flip Flops On Defunding The Police

New York City mayoral candidate Maya Wiley appears to have flip-flopped on her position regarding “defund the police”. It’s either that or she is simply playing word games. On a local NYC news station, the anchors asked her if she still stuck by her position to defund NYPD to the tune of $1 billion dollars. She corrected the anchor by saying that she has never said she wanted to “defund the police”. She is correct that she never said that specific phrase, but she has said she wants to defund the police to the tune of $1 billion dollars. Wiley just didn’t use the word “defund”, which is pure semantics and political posturing.

An important detail to mention about the local news interview of Maya Wiley is the poll the reporters brought to her attention. It said that only 30% of people want NYPD’s budget reduced. The other 70% would like the budget to remain the same or go even higher. This points to the “defund the police” movement not being very popular among regular, everyday people. Suits in ivory towers may like the idea because it is a way for them to virtue signal to each other. This does not translate into policy that will be popular or effective on the ground with the people.

- Advertisement -

Unfortunately, Maya Wiley is not the only person who is in favor of defunding the police whether they say it or not. During a recent televised debate, nearly all of the NYC mayoral candidates had some form of disdain for police. Even the one former officer was sort of shaky on questions of police. They all are liberal Democrats that could be worse than Bill de Blasio himself. New York City must turn in a completely different direction when it comes to governance if any positive change is to be made. Andrew Giuliani, the son of former NYC Mayor Rudy Giuliani, threw his hat in the ring. NYC, unfortunately, may be a little too far gone for any conservative candidate at this point. Now, it’s just a matter of what person will defund the police to the least to somewhat match what the people desire.

SOURCES:

They Live In A Deadly Neighborhood. Do They Want To “Defund The Police?”

Wiley wants to defund NYPD while her home protected by security

NYC mayoral candidate Maya Wiley calls to defund police while employing private security | Fox News

- Advertisement -

1 COMMENT

  1. ABL always has something fresh. I listen to conservative talk practically all day long, but ABL usually has something that I haven’t heard yet on the other shows. I always check with him to see what I missed. I highly recommend his videos and his site. His comment section is also easy to comment in.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Most Popular

Recent Comments